Monday, August 27, 2012

Recovery Customer First, Second Recovery System!


I was in a dive center in Papua New Guinea recently. It 'was quite pleasant, with friendly staff, comfortable accommodation and good food.

I enjoyed a night dive with starfish hungry, scurrying crabs and sleeping parrot fish among the coral. After the dive, however, I realized that someone had stuck in my car and ran off with a pair of pants and a matching canvas belt.

I have not slept well the next morning and reported the loss to the village director. 'Oh dear, we have this problem,' he said. 'Are you sure you locked the door?' I assured her that I had, to which she replied: 'I think we need to change the locks in that cab.'

And it was. From my point of view, someone had entered my room and helped themselves to my clothes. From his point of view, 'We need to change the lock.'

No excuse. No offer to replace lost clothing. No waiver free of taxes.

All I did dive into the resort (who knows what else might scurry off?) And left a few days in advance.

Key Learning Point

-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------

When something goes wrong for your customer, you can know immediately what needs to be done. But before you set or change the system, set the valued customer at ease. Remember, there's a personal side to every breakup. And 'the side of your customer feels first.

Action Steps

-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------

Ensure that the recovery plan service takes care of the feelings and emotions of your customers first, and set a second system .......

No comments:

Post a Comment