Saturday, September 8, 2012

Contacting Norton Antivirus


When you bought your new computer probably came with a CD that automatically installed a program called Norton Antivirus. While the software works effectively to protect your PC from harmful viruses (which may cause permanent damage to your hard drive / System), many experts seem to recommend other antivirus and spyware programs that could do a better job.

In fact, just recently, when I was looking for information on how to contact Norton antivirus, some interesting suggestions have been published in the forum that you want to share with you below:

Taking Up Too Much Of Your Computer Resources

When you search site on how to contact Symantec Norton Antivirus, you will not find any precise information on the amount of computer resources will be used during program execution, only an average estimate. Tech experts have concluded that Norton might be a bit 'a "resource hog" in terms of operation at full speed. This means that when the software is running you will see a significant drop in the way your computer performs.

Do not expect refunds from The Open Software Store

When I started using my computer I have actually bought the Norton program in a local electronics shop. At the time I was the only software known to help protect my PC. It 'was relatively cheap and even if I did not really understand the scope of information security, has been explained very well when I found out how to contact Norton antivirus.

The representative on the phone was very helpful and answered many questions I had, with the end of the telephone conversation I am referring to the more links on their website for further information.

I was quite happy until some time later I had a message pop up on the computer screen basically tells me that I need to update my Norton antivirus in order to keep my PC protected. I thought: "Ok, it seems logical," but when I saw that I had to actually pay money for the upgrade, the frustration took over.

Of course you probably have not seen the fine print of having to pay to keep your antivirus program running, even if I found a way to contact Norton antivirus and spoke with the representative. But it seemed that no one made this clear to me, even when I bought the software from the store.

The refund was what I was hoping to get, but unfortunately when you buy software that has been opened, it is virtually impossible to get your money back. This course is not the fault of Norton Antivirus or any other entity that sells software. But most of you, like me, are not familiar with some of these details in the beginning, especially when you are first to know the computer and other technical aspects of what it takes to keep it running clean and safe.

Alternative Options

Whatever may be the reason for wanting to know how to contact Norton antivirus and talk to their sales office or customer service, consider doing a little 'of online searches for alternative anti-spyware programs. While I still consider Norton Antivirus to be a highly respected and reliable service, dozens of free choices of software security for existing PCs that can meet or exceed what you are using .......

No comments:

Post a Comment